The Modfathers cleaning regime !
Stage 1 – Pressure wash van clean.
Stage 2 – Snow foam van and leave for 5 mins.
Stage 3 – Wash snow foam off with pressure washer.
Stage 4 – Get clay bar in bucket of car shampoo, you need a small piece about the size of a half a sausage, roll it in your hands to make it warm. Start rubbing it over a foot by foot area of your paintwork working it back and forwards to cover the whole area – don’t allow the shampoo to dry out the clay bar will be plucking the imperfections out the paint. Every so often fold the clay bar to get a clean surface.
IF YOU DROP THE CLAY BAR AT ANY POINT ON THE DECK. DISCARD IT AND USE ANOTHER PIECE OTHERWISE IT WILL PICK UP GRIT AND SCRATCH YOUR PAINT.
Work the entire body of the van if areas have imperfections like rail dust (small specs of rust coloured metal caused by brake dust etc) in particular rear doors! Go over this area repeatedly. Once you have done the van complete move on to stage 5.
Stage 5- Wash van again with pressure washer. Removing all shampoo.
Stage 6- Dry van with microfibre cloth.
Stage 7- Wrap hand in cling film and run lightly over panels, anywhere it snags repeat the process with the clay bar as there are still imperfections stuck in paint. (If you do this wash and dry van again after).
Stage 8- Use autoglym polish and microfibre cloths apply on foot by foot areas and rub in paying attention to any marks or poor shine areas.
Stage 9- Go over polish with clean microfibre cloth buffing to a high shine.
Stage 10- Pressure wash again quickly to remove any excess residue and make process of wet waxing work.
Stage 11- Use autoglym wet wax (while van is wet) apply a couple of squirts to each panel and rub in drying the van in the process.
Stage 12- Buff with clean cloth to excellent shine.
Stage 13- Stand back and admire your work!!!!!
- Once you have done this each time you wash the van you will only need to snow foam and wet wax after
- Use autoglym glass cleaner on windows
- Wheels use alloy cleaner
- The first time you do this it’s gonna take a good couple of hours but the results are amazing. After that it will be a quick process to wash and wax your van.
- You only need to clay bar a couple of times a year, the process removes wax so remember to repeat the full process.
- Clay bars available from eBay
- Halfords for autoglym products
- Microfibre mits and cloths from Halfords
- Katcher k2 pressure washer
- Snow foam from eBay pro kleen